NV Architecture & Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements
The Nevada Board of Achitecture, Interior Design and Residential Interior Design requires Nevada-registered architects, interior designers and residential interior designers to complete eight (8) hours of continuing education every year.
- CE Requirement: Eight (8) hours of continuing education, which must address health, safety and welfare (HSW) issues. Two (2) of the eight (8) hours must be code-related.
- CE Cycle: Annual running from January 1 through December 31.
- Acceptable Coursework: A minimum of 4 CEUs must be earned in structured setting (e.g. seminar, internet or correspondence course). A maximum of 4 CEUs may be earned in self-directed setting (activity related to the registrant's profession but not designed and systematically presented as a continuing education activity e.g. publication of an article or book, making a professional or technical presentation, being an active member or officer of professional organization, teaching, etc.)
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Nevada Board. Registrants are responsible for tracking courses and maintaining supporting documentation in case of an audit. A CEU Tracking Log must be completed and sent with each registrant's renewal. Transcripts and other back-up information will not be accepted by the board, unless a registrant is audited.
- Tracking of Credits: Registrants are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 3 years. Did you know? Design Arts Seminars keeps track of the courses you take with us and provides you with online access to your transcript saving you both time and money, especially in case of audit.
- Audit: A random sample of registrants will be selected for an in-depth audit to verify compliance with continuing education requirements.
Source: Nevada State Board of Architecture, Interior Design and Residential Design
Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.
For a list of continuing education opportunities in Nevada, please visit Design Arts Seminars' calendar of events.