The Texas Board of Architectural Examiners
requires Texas-registered interior designers, archtiects and landscape architects
to complete 12 (twelve) hours of continuing education every year
- CE Requirement: Twelve (12) CEPHs (Continuing Education Program Hours) annually (see "CE Cycle" below). All twelve (12) CEPHs must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) credits. At least one (1) of the twelve hours must be related to barrier-free design () and at least one (1) must be related to sustainable or energy-efficient design ()
- CE Cycle: Calendar year
- Acceptable Coursework: The Texas Board does not pre-approve courses or providers of continuing education. Use your professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and - most importantly - as detailed on Board's website (see "Source" at the end of this post for weblink).
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Texas Board, neither can registrants (except in case of audit - see "audit" below).
- Tracking of Credits: Members are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least five years from date of completion. Did you know? Design Arts Seminars keeps track of the courses you take with us and provides you with online access to your transcript saving you both time and money, especially in case of audit.
- Audit: A random sample of registrants will be audited. If audited (and only if audited), registrants will be asked to produce proof of compliance in the form of a CEPH log and corresponding certificate of continuing education or transcript showing courses completed.
Source: Texas Board of Architectural Examiners
Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.
For a list of continuing education opportunities, please visit Design Arts Seminars' calendar of events.